GEOLOCATION STATISTICS Locations showing "UNKNOWN"

Forum to discuss Installation and Configuration Issues

GEOLOCATION STATISTICS Locations showing "UNKNOWN"

Postby RonGates » Mon May 25, 2015 8:36 am

Wilmer Adalid / Maborak, GEOLOCATION STATISTICS: Locations showing "UNKNOWN".
RonGates

Re: GEOLOCATION STATISTICS Locations showing "UNKNOWN"

Postby PCEMS » Tue May 26, 2015 2:54 am

Hope you get ANY response. I opened a ticket on May 18th and still awaiting for ANY response at all...

BTW, those unkown you see is just because the IPs DB of GeoLocation may not contain any information about that Class or Net. Before last version upgrade we got an CSV with that info. Which one was able to update by other means and not just had to wait until Maborak's updates. Now with new version it seems to grab the information on-the-fly every cron run. So if Maborak's GeoLocation CSV DB file is outdated, we all will have to wait until they update theirs.

PCEMS

Postby RonGates » Sat May 30, 2015 9:27 am

PCEMS wrote:Hope you get ANY response. I opened a ticket on May 18th and still awaiting for ANY response at all...

BTW, those unkown you see is just because the IPs DB of GeoLocation may not contain any information about that Class or Net. Before last version upgrade we got an CSV with that info. Which one was able to update by other means and not just had to wait until Maborak's updates. Now with new version it seems to grab the information on-the-fly every cron run. So if Maborak's GeoLocation CSV DB file is outdated, we all will have to wait until they update theirs.

PCEMS Thanks for your reply. Can you assist me that how can I get the GeoLocation CSV DB and install it as we are only seeing "UNKNOWN".
RonGates

Postby PCEMS » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:40 pm

RonGates wrote:
PCEMS wrote:Hope you get ANY response. I opened a ticket on May 18th and still awaiting for ANY response at all...

PCEMS Thanks for your reply. Can you assist me that how can I get the GeoLocation CSV DB and install it as we are only seeing "UNKNOWN".

Hi. AFAIK Maborak used to get it from the only enterprise I know that builds this kind of files/services. Then he takes the .dat file and converts it into a CSV file with specific format. The file is not free, it costs like 300/400 bucks. http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/

BTW...does ANYONE is gettint any reply from Maborak?
PCEMS

Postby Osensnolf » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:29 pm

The new addon does not use the CSV file. The latest version I am aware of is from November 2014 and is 414MB. It took a very long time to upload so I am glad he uses the new system.
Osensnolf

Postby PCEMS » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:44 pm

Indeed it does not. As I stated on my last post.

Does anyone knows if the ENTIRE project is abandoned? The author does not reply tickets, emails, skype message at all... I have tickets since May 18th without any response. :x
PCEMS

Postby RonGates » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:11 pm

PCEMS wrote:
RonGates wrote:

Hi. AFAIK Maborak used to get it from the only enterprise I know that builds this kind of files/services. Then he takes the .dat file and converts it into a CSV file with specific format. The file is not free, it costs like 300/400 bucks. http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/

BTW...does ANYONE is gettint any reply from Maborak?

PCEMS, Thanks for replying. We have the files of http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/, as our Technical Team are using those files for KAYAKO SUPPORT SYSTEM. But the main question is we have the updated files but now what to do further?
RonGates

Postby PCEMS » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:31 pm

AFAIK, the source file must be converted into a CSV file format. But GeoLocation seems to use a particular formated structure. I actually don't know. You should look into the current file you already have of it and try to convert the new one you got to match it. After this is made you can just rename it and replace it. (Can you share the new file? :D )
PCEMS

Postby Osensnolf » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:14 pm

The project is not dead but I'm not sure why his customer service has been so bad. He use to always be on top of things but not any longer.

I too sometimes see that opens show as UNKNOWN and other times they work perfectly. I'm not sure why it does that.

There is a call that request information from https://platform.maborak.com/user/geoip_file and
https://platform.maborak.com/user/geoip_update

If you go to the URL, there is nothing there. Not sure if that matters.

You can try to downgrade to the older 2014 version and that should help. It will pull stuff from the CSV table and I'm not sure how current that is or you can use the old addon and find a way to update the CSV table with new info.
Osensnolf

Postby RonGates » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:29 pm

Osensnolf wrote:The project is not dead but I'm not sure why his customer service has been so bad. He use to always be on top of things but not any longer.

I too sometimes see that opens show as UNKNOWN and other times they work perfectly. I'm not sure why it does that.

There is a call that request information from https://platform.maborak.com/user/geoip_file and
https://platform.maborak.com/user/geoip_update

If you go to the URL, there is nothing there. Not sure if that matters.

You can try to downgrade to the older 2014 version and that should help. It will pull stuff from the CSV table and I'm not sure how current that is or you can use the old addon and find a way to update the CSV table with new info.

Osensnolf, Thanks for your reply. But this is the main problem we don't have 2014 files! If you can provide us that will be a great help!
RonGates

Next

Return to Installation and Configuration